Sunday, June 8, 2008

Connection...

Yep, it's me...

So, a dear friend of mine emailed me tonight, and we had the smallest of conversations, but it seemed like a LOT was said. You never know how much you miss someone or even someone misses you until they are gone...

You see, it has been a trying month for me. This friend of mine, D., and I hadn't really spoken in a while, but the couple of emails we shared tonight was enough to let me know that the connection was still there...he showed me that we hadn't spoken in a while, but when we did speak, the connection was there, and it was missed.

That's the importance of the word...connection. A connection is VITAL in any relationship, friendship, acquaintanceship, etc. If there is no connection, what is keeping that particular relationship afloat??

Just this past Friday, I found out that an ex of mine passed away of kidney failure. Now, this event made me reflect a lot more on the connectivity of that relationship/friendship. In the three or so weeks prior to Friday, I was miffed at the fact that I didn't get a phone call, I didn't get a text, an email, nothing...when all I had to do was CALL, TEXT, or EMAIL my damn self, and I would have known that said ex passed away two weeks prior. Here I am, being this horrible, objectified, STUBBORN person, wondering why I haven't gotten any communication, and all I had to do was reach out. Now, I'm feeling like I wasn't even there when I was needed...and that is something that is going to stay with me for the rest of my life...

I say that to say this...we all get hung up in our daily lives, but all it takes is a little reaching out to let someone know that you do care. Sure, text messages are cute and MySpace bulletins are even cuter, but, for those that don't have that type of "connection", call 'em up and let them know you love them...I know that sounds so cliche, but you never know when you will have that chance again...and if the other party were to die tonight, would they know you loved them (in whatever capacity)?

I'm out on that note...deuces...and thanks D.

No comments: