Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'm A Perfectionist, and I Can't Help It...

What the dealio...??

I think the title of this blog is quite self-explanatory, but oh well...

I'd like to think that I am a well-educated individual, whose intelligence is not just specific to one genre. I don't know everything, but I have amassed a great deal of general knowledge over the years.

That said, I've noticed that I am probably one of the biggest perfectionists in the world. If I don't like something or may have said or done something wrong, I go way out of my way to make sure it is corrected in a timely fashion.

Those who know me know that I am a text FIEND. I can sit up for hours, texting all of my friends (and yes, I have unlimited text messaging in my plan). However, while I am texting, nine times out of ten, I have to make sure that I spell things correctly and use proper punctuation. Many of my family and friends will spell things wrong and not use proper punctuation to no end, to which I just laugh to myself. Is that mean? I know that texting is for short message purposes, so I don't mind it in the least when someone spells something wrong; so long as I know what they mean. LOL

Even when I am singing, I have the propensity to remember the exact key of the original artist's recording. I have found myself in many an argument with choir directors and musical instructors that their particular key is wrong, and I don't mind not having tact when doing so. I just have this pitch memory that I cannot get rid of, and when I find myself not being in proper pitch, I immediately stop and correct myself. People say that I have perfect pitch and can remember a particular arrangement like no other...that's just how I am, and I get upset when someone tells me that I am singing something wrong.

It's not a habit that I think is as bad as say, weed or alcohol, but just wanted to share that. So, if you see or hear me correcting someone or myself, it's just me working as usual. LOL

Two fingaz!

No comments: